Join as a Member and support the work of the Museum.
You'll also enjoy our members events, opportunities to connect with the collections in new ways and discounts in the museum shop.
The Pitt Rivers Museum was founded in 1884 when General Pitt-Rivers gave his personal collection of over 26,000 objects to the University of Oxford. Today the Museum is famous for its period atmosphere and outstanding collections of nearly 700,000 artefacts from all around the world and across time. You can support the Pitt Rivers Museum by becoming a member. Your membership will help the Museum to care for the unique collections, enhance visitor experience, and ensure that we can continue to work with communities to inspire and enthrall future generations!
Launched in 2022, the Museum’s membership scheme incorporates and builds on the fantastic work of the Friends of the Pitt Rivers Museum. “Always a friend, a friend for life”.
- Membership card and welcome pack
- Priority booking for Museum events and courses
- Members only preview days and events
- Behind the scenes visits
- 10% discount in shop (online and in store) and on paid tours
- Subscription to award-winning museum magazine
- Discounted tickets for the Annual Kenneth Kirkwood Lecture Day
Individual Membership - £36
For one adult.
Joint Membership - £50
For two named adults at the same address
Student Membership - £20
For one student.
Concession (65+) Membership - £25
For one adult (65+)
Individual Life Membership - £500
For one adult.
Joint Life Membership - £750
For two named adults at the same address.
Select your membership type and get in touch:
1. Online through our membership purchase page
2. In person - download and fill out the pdf form linked below and return to the Museum shop
3. For any queries please contact the Museum by telephone on 01865 613000