- General Friends information : Inga Ristau - email
- Membership information : Rosemary King - email
- Programme information : Terry Bremble - email
Friends' Magazine, Events and Special Lectures
The Friends see their role as that of raising public awareness of the Museum and its collections: they organise a programme of lectures and events, co-ordinate volunteers and provide support for museum purchases and publications.
The Friends were formed in 1984 as a registered charity (No 289390). The funds they provide are urgently needed to support and develop the collections, as well as to improve facilities and services for visitors.
By joining the Friends you can help to ensure the continuance and growth of this remarkable museum. For those seeking more active involvement, opportunities for volunteers exist.
- Termly newsletter
- New member's information pack
- Programme of lectures and films
- Opportunities to see behind the scenes
- Some discounts in the Museum shop and at special events
- Invitations to private views of exhibitions at the Museum
HOW TO JOIN
Download MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION FORM (PDF)
Complete the membership form and return together with a cheque made payable to the Friends of the Pitt Rivers Museum, or add banker's order as attached, to: The Hon. Membership Secretary, Friends of the Pitt Rivers Museum, South Parks Road, Oxford OX1 3PP.
Subscriptions are renewable annually on 1st May. First subscriptions paid after 1st January will carry through to 30th April of the following year.
* Additional donations are, of course, always very welcome.
* Friends who are UK taxpayers are requested to sign the Gift Aid declaration which considerably increases the revenue from subscriptions and donations through recoverable tax allowances.
The Patrons and Council
Sir David Attenborough
Professor Sir Barry Cunliffe
Dame Penelope Lively
Michael Palin CBE
Philip Pullman CBE
President: Professor Chris Gosden
Chair: Professor Gillian Morriss-Kay
Secretary: Inga Ristau
Treasurer: Terri Costain
Minutes Secretary: Dorothy Walker
Membership Secretary: Rosemary King
Membership Development: Conor Pickering
Programme Co-ordinator: Terry Bremble
Events Team: Barbara Topley, Claudette Sherlock
Publicity Officer: Gay Sturt
Magazine Editor: Juliette Gammon
Magazine Mailing: Colin Langton
Magazine Team: Jonathan Bard
Professor Jeremy MacClancy, Dr Laura Van Broekhoven